Recent Projects and Clients
Needs Assessment for Small Business Development Program: City of Austin
OSR conducted a project to evaluate the needs of small businesses in the Austin area. For this project, OSR conducted a series of focus groups and a large-scale survey of small businesses in Austin. A total of 845 businesses were interviewed using a mix mode method of mail, web and telephone. A final report was prepared for the City of Austin-Economic Growth and Redevelopment Services.
Study on How Americans Judge Presidents
OSR recently worked with Dr. Buchanan from the Department of Government on a web survey of New York State registered voters. The study looked at how voters evaluate and judge past presidents as well as the current president in a variety of topics. A total of 100 interviews were completed throughout the summer of 2009.
Study of Facebook use by College Students and Young Adults
OSR is recently worked with Dr. Watkins from the College of Communication conducting a large-scale nationwide web survey of college students and young adults who use Facebook. The study looked at how Facebook is used for socializing with friends and family, for obtaining news and information and for political participation.
Survey of Hispanic young Adults (18-30)
on their Knowledge, Attitudes, and Behaviors related to smoking.
A total of 1,200 telephone interviews were conducted with Hispanic young adults in Houston and Dallas who live in working class neighborhoods. The population consisted of recent immigrants or first generation Americans. A large percent of interviews were conducted in Spanish. This was part of a grant from NCI to the University of Texas Health Science Center.
Evaluation of the Parenting and Paternity Awareness (p.a.p.a.) High School based Curriculum
OSR is currently working with Dr. Osborn from the LBJ School of Public Affairs on to evaluate The Attorney General of Texas’ program, the “Parenting and Paternity Awareness Curriculum” for high school students. OSR has developed a web interface management program to allow the implementation of pre and post test assessments to approximately 10,000 students and 1000 teachers. The web interface program allows the teachers to administer pre and post tests to students. It also allows students to create unique login ids to access the testing tools, and allows administrators and researchers control of teacher registration as well the monitoring and progress tracking for the entire process.
- Texas Veterans Commission
- Texas Restaurant Association
- Dell Children’s Hospital
- Texas Parks and Wildlife
- International Legal Technology Association
- The Texas Program in Sport and Media
- City of Austin
- M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
- Population Research Center
- Tomas Rivera Policy Institute
- The Hogg Foundation
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- National Fatherhood Initiative
- University of Texas Medical Branch
- Texas Center for Educational Research
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Planned Parenthood of Texas
- Transportation Research Center
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
- Texas CASA
- University of Massachusetts
- Texas Medical Foundation
- Latino USA
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Texas Department of Human Services
- Texas Highways Magazine
- University of Texas Health Science Center
- State Board of Insurance of Texas
- LBJ School of Public Affairs
- U.S. Air Force
- University of Texas System
- University Hospital System San Antonio
- South West Texas Health Research Center
- Texas Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration
- Mc Donald Observatory
- Aspen Institute