IE Pre-graduate School Internship
NOTE: The IE Office is now CMA 7.118
The objective of the IE Pre-Graduate School Internship is to connect undergraduates with faculty and veteran graduate students in their field of study to explore those unique aspects of graduate study that make it distinct from the undergraduate experience (e.g., conducting research, writing for scholarly audiences, participating in seminars, serving as teaching and research assistants, publishing articles in professional journals, becoming members of scholarly organizations and learned societies, preparing for an academic or professional career, etc.). In most cases the intern will work primarily with the graduate mentor and secondarily with a faculty supervisor.
The Pre-Graduate School Internship is available to all undergraduates at UT-Austin in all colleges and schools. Internships are based on the ability of the student to find and gain the consent of a faculty member and/or graduate student willing to supervise the internship.
Internship projects, assignments and tasks are determined through negotiation between students and faculty supervisors and/or graduate student mentors; internship contracts ensure that there is both structure to and accountability for the experience.
NOTE: There are no strings attached to internships. Participation does NOT guarantee admission for graduate study. In addition, the relationship among the undergraduate, faculty supervisor and graduate student mentor can be very informal; while a particular faculty member or graduate student will serve as the internship supervisor, the internship might involve contact and work with several faculty members and graduate students.
- UT President Endorses IE
- IE Students Receive Honors
- IE Receives Gift
- Alumni Honor IE Director
- IE Maximizes Tuition Dollars
- IE Student Changing the World
- IE Promotes Self-Awareness
- IE Students Win Research Contest
- RTF Student Spotlighted in UT Web Story
- IE Students Speak at Gone to Texas
- Dallas Morning News Showcases IE Students
- IE Interns Speak at Spring 2011 Commencement
- Fox News Features IE
- IE Student to Represent UT at Capitol
- Magazine Features IE Pharmacy Students
- Pre-Grad Internship Subject of UT Feature
- Spotlight Archive
- Fact Sheet
- Banner Year for IE (2012)
- IE Placement (2012)
- 2013: Banner Year for IE Students